Friday, July 21, 2006

PM: No one influences my decisions, my son-in-law not my adviser.

Talk about taking the bull by the horns. In his most direct comment in the ongoing Mahathir vs Abdullah Badawi saga, the PM has stated unequivocally that "No one influences my decisions, my son-in-law not my adviser".

The Sun carried this story in an afternoon update of its online edition.

If this is true, it'll blow gaping holes all over Tun M's allegations, Raja Petra Kamaruddin's Khairy Chronicles, as well as sean-the-man.blogspot.com's theories.

Ah, but then... any man accused of being a puppet will obviously deny the strings tied to his limbs.

So, while it's good that the PM's broken his ill-advised "elegant silence", but it'll be his actions, independent, swift and without fear or favour, that will eventually dispel any lingering doubt.

He's talked the talk, now it's time to walk the walk. Lots of people are watching.

No comments: