Sunday, January 21, 2007

Was he punishing us, or testing us?

What do you reckon?

Was god punishing me/us, or was he testing me/us?

Whichever it is, he just cost us S$878m or RM2bn.

Which raises a very good question actually.

Was he testing me, punishing you OR was he punishing me, testing you?

Prove one, it disproves the other. Either my version of god is god & your's is not.... OR your version of god is god & mine isn't. This is not a question which we can agree to disagree. We can't be both right.

I venture a 3rd option. We are both wrong. And that's the most likely answer, in my opinion. Your god's not god... and my god's not god either.

Maybe there is no god. At least not in the omnipotent, almighty sense of the word. If there was, he would have whupped the asses of all the other gods from the start, instead of leaving it to George Bush and the Jihadis to do his dirty work for him.

And there'd be peace on earth and no suffering. And no natural disasters.,, What heavenly purpose could natural disasters have, in the godly mega-program to make us better people? To initiate the outpouring of caring and humanity, like in the aftermath of the tsunami? Was 120,000 deaths and millions more displaced a fair price to pay for a little display of post-traumatic TLC? Maybe I'd come to a different conclusion if I used god's calculator... no?

Maybe god was simply a lousy cosmic project manager, who in a bid to impress the universe - bit off more than he could chew, during the last staff meeting at the beginning of time.

What if god was just one of us, just a slob like one of us, just a stranger on a bus, trying to make his way back home...
.

No comments: